The Kiwi Access Card is an Evidence of Age Document in New Zealand
The Kiwi Access Card, previously known as the 18+ Card, is a Government recognised form of photographic ID and evidence of age card.
Managed by Hospitality New Zealand, the Kiwi Access Card makes access to goods and services easier for everyone in New Zealand. An alternative to a Drivers Licence or Passport, the Kiwi Access Card is valid for 10 years. It is available to both NZ nationals and international visitors who are over the age of 18.
What do I need to complete this application?
- Two (2) identical recent passport sized colour photos of yourself.
- Proof of the address you want your card delivered to.
- Photo ID to prove who you are, this can be your:
- Current 18+ Card or Kiwi Access Card
- New Zealand Driver Licence
- Firearms Licence
- Certificate of Identity (issued under the Passports Act 1992)
- Refugee Travel Document (issued by or for the New Zealand Government)
If you do not have one of these, you can still apply – you need someone who can prove you are over 18 and some other form of identification, like your birth certificate. See step 6 of the application form for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need more information? Read our list of frequently asked questions.
If you have further queries you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 04 333 2834, between 10am-3pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
What happens next?
- Your application will be sent to be processed.
- Keep your receipt until your card is received. If you applied online, you can follow the progress in the confirmation email.
- Your Kiwi Access Card is delivered in approximately 20 working days if your application is processed successfully.