Evidence of age and identity card in New Zealand
The Kiwi Access Card has replaced the 18+ Card. Read our Press Release Kiwi Access Card Launches on 14 January, replacing the 18+ Card.
It can be used as an evidence of age and identity card throughout New Zealand, and is available to both NZ nationals and foreign visitors.
Launched by Hospitality New Zealand, the new Kiwi Access Card has been created to better facilitate access to goods and services for everyone in New Zealand. It is the ideal means of identification if you do not have a valid passport and/or driver licence.
You can pick up the application form from a participating NZ Post Shop (Choosing from over 236 locations) or any participating AA Centre (Choosing from over 88 locations), or download the form below.
The Kiwi Access Card retails at $55 including GST. The Kiwi Access Card is valid for 10 years.
What do I need to complete this application?
- Two (2) identical recent passport sized colour photos
- Proof of the address you want your card delivered to.
- Photo ID to prove who you are, this can be your:
- Current 18+ Card or Kiwi Access Card
- New Zealand Driver Licence
- Firearms Licence
- Certificate of Identity (issued under the Passports Act 1992)
- Refugee Travel Document (issued by or for the New Zealand Government)
If you do not have one of these, you can still apply – you need someone who can prove you are over 18 and some other form
of identification, like your birth certificate. See step 6 of the application form for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need more information? Read our list of frequently asked questions.
If you have further queries you can email us at email@example.com or phone 04 381 9937, between 9am-5pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
What happens next?
- The NZ PostShop or AA Centre will send your application to be processed.
- Keep hold of your receipt until you have received your card.
- You will get your Kiwi Access Card delivered by courier in about two weeks.