Privacy Statement For Applicants And Identifiers
PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR APPLICANTS AND IDENTIFIERS
What personal information we collect
We collect personal information from you (applicants and Identifier/s), including information about:
• Your name.
• Your contact information (including your phone number and address)
• Your date of birth.
• Your photograph.
• Your type of Identification and the document number.
• Details of the relationship between applicants and their Identifier.
If we issue a Kiwi Access card, we will allocate a number to that card, and we will also hold a record of that number.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect personal information about you (applicants and Identifier), through this application process. The purposes of collecting and holding this information is to:
• Issue you (the applicant) with a Kiwi Access card.
• Prove that you are who you say you are.
• Enable us to contact you, if we have a question or concern.
• Enable us to deal with a change of details (for example, if you changed your name)
• Enable us to confirm the validity of your Kiwi Access card, if we received an appropriate request from a third party.
• Protect against someone trying to dishonestly use your card.
• Protect against someone trying to dishonestly get a new card issued in your name.
• Enable us to contact your Identifier, should that be necessary.
Sharing your personal information
Besides our staff, we share this information with:
• Our agents, who help us process your application, print the card and store your details.
• Third parties, in order to confirm your identity when you have presented the card, and we are contacted for confirmation that you are who you say you are (in that situation, we would merely confirm that the card described by them matches our records, and we would not discuss the Identifier’s details).
As part of processing an application, we might also need to discuss the applicant’s details with the Identifier, and the Identifier’s details with the applicant.
Holding your information
We hold the personal information for 6 months. It may be collected and/or held by our agents (e.g. bulk document storage services, or electronic data services). After 6 months, we (and our agents) destroy it the applications and after 18 months we delete all other data.
Providing personal information is optional
Providing personal information is optional. However, if you choose not to enter the information required, we will be unable to issue a Kiwi Access Card.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it
to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us by (phone) 04 381 9937, or at Kiwi Access at PO Box 503, Wellington; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org