New evidence of identity for seniors
Easy access to goods and services with Kiwi Access Card
The new Kiwi Access Card has been designed to give you the freedom you need to access goods and services throughout New Zealand. It is an easy and convenient way to help you get the most out of life, especially if you do not hold a valid driver licence and/or passport. The card as been specifically designed with New Zealand's over 60s and retired community in mind, to ensure you have a reliable and secure evidence of identity card, that is affordable and that you can apply for easily at your local NZ Post.
The Kiwi Access Card has replaced the 18+ Card. It can be used as an evidence of age and identity card throughout New Zealand, and is available to both NZ nationals and foreign visitors.
There have been no changes in the process to obtain a card. Applications for the new Kiwi Access Card are available now, and can be made via NZ Post. You can pick up the application form from your local NZ Post outlet, or download the form below.
The Kiwi Access Card will retail at $55 including GST. Apply now at your local NZ Post shop.
To apply for your Kiwi Access Card you will need:
- A passport-sized photograph. If you don’t have one you can get one taken at selected PostShops (for a fee) when you apply.
- Proof of your address.
- Photo ID to prove who you are, this can be your:
- 18+ Card or Kiwi Access Card (current or has expired less than two years ago)
- Passport (current or has expired less than two years ago)
- New Zealand driver licence (current or has expired less than two years ago)
- Firearms licence (current or has expired less than two years ago)
- Certificate of identity (issued under the Passports Act 1992) (current or has expired less than two years ago)
- Refugee travel document (issued by or for the New Zealand Government) (current or has expired less than two years ago)
If you do not have one of these, you can still apply – you need someone who can prove your identity and some other form of identification, like your birth certificate. Check step 5.1 of the application form for a list of what other form of identification is acceptable.
What happens next?
- Keep hold of your receipt until you have received your card.
- NZ Post will send your application to be processed.
- You will get your Kiwi Access Card delivered by courier in about two weeks.