Privacy Statement For Applicants And Identity Referees
What personal information we collect
We collect personal information from you (applicants and identity referee/s), including information about your:
- Your name.
- Your contact information (including your phone number and address)
- Your date of birth.
Details of the relationship between applicants and their identity referee/s.
If we issue a Kiwi Access card. We will allocate a number to that card, and we will also record and hold a record of that number.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect personal information about you (applicants and identity referee/s), through this application process. The purposes of collecting and holding this information is to:
- Issue you (the applicant) a Kiwi Access card.
- Prove that you are who you say you are.
- Enable us to contact you, if we have a question or concern.
- Enable us to deal with a change of details (for example, if you changed your name)
- Enable us to confirm the validity of your Kiwi Access card, if we received an appropriate request from a third party.
- Protect against sometime trying to dishonestly use your card.
- Protect against sometime trying to dishonestly get a new card issued in your name.
- Enable us to contact your Identity Referee, should that ever be necessary.
Sharing your personal information
Besides our staff, we share this information with:
- Our agents, who help us process your application, print the card and store your details.
- Third parties, in order to confirm your identity when you have presented the card, and we are contacted for confirmation that the you are who you say you are (in that situation, we would merely confirm that the card described by them matches our records, and we would not discuss the identity referee’s details).
As part of processing an application, we might also need to discuss the applicant’s details with the identity referee, and the identity referee’s details with the applicant.
Holding your information
We hold the personal information for 6 months. It may be collected and/or held by our agents (e.g. bulk document storage services, or electronic data services). After 6 months, we (and our agents) destroy it.
Providing personal information is optional
Providing personal information is optional. However, if you choose not to enter the information required, we'll be unable to issue a KiwiAccess Card.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at (phone) 0800 500 503, or at Hospitality NZ at PO Box 503, Wellington; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org