A. The Kiwi Access Card is Hospitality New Zealand’s evidence of age card. It is an approved evidence of age document under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act. This card is previously known as the 18+ card.
A. We have redesigned the card so that it can better address the requirements of everyone in the community that needs a form of secure identification to give them access to goods and services.
A. Yes, you can still accept 18+ cards, but make sure you check the expiry date on the card. There are now three types of Hospitality New Zealand issued evidence of age cards which can be accepted: HANZ 18+ Card, HNZ 18+ Card and the Kiwi Access Card.
A. The Act requires an approved evidence of age document to sell or supply alcohol. Approved evidence of age documents defined by the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Regulations 2013 are:
- A passport,
- A current New Zealand Drivers Licence; or
- A Hospitality New Zealand card which is a document that is issued by Hospitality New Zealand, containing a photo and the age of the card holder.
A. The new Kiwi Access Card has allowed us to improve the security features of the card meaning that it is harder than ever to forge or produce a fraudulent card.
- The name “Kiwi Access” with a koru between the two words;
- The koru is printed with UV ink which will glow when a UV light is shined on it;
- The card number and date of birth are embossed at the bottom of the main photo;
- The bottom right corner of the card is transparent;
- There small photo is transparent, as is the map of New Zealand and will show on the back of the card;
- Braille on all Kiwi Access Cards that says “ID”;
- The Hospitality New Zealand logo is now on the back of the card.
A. If you would like to stock Kiwi Access Card application forms or to place an order please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms can only be supplied to businesses in multiples of 50 forms and above.
We have created a Valid Cards resource for you to display at your business to help your staff.